Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 Products and Prices*
September 2, 2018: First-year students
September 3, 2018: Visiting and Transfer students
September 4, 2018: USC and other Freshman partner program students
Fall 2018-only students: December 23, 2018
Checkout for Full-year students: May 19, 2019.
Prices include: High-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, government fees and mandatory renters' insurance. All spaces require a Refundable Security Deposit. Also included:
- Approximately 15 sqm / bed in a Shared Apartment
- Between 2-8 students per apartment (most have 4-5)
- One bathroom for every 4-5 students
- Approximately 30 minutes (or less) from campus by mass transit
- Fully-outfitted kitchens, including dishes and basic appliances
- English-speaking, on-call maintenance service is provided
Standard Shared Bedroom Space (our most popular option):
- Full-year students: €8,028 per academic year, all-inclusive
- Semester-only students: €3,568 per semester, all-inclusive
Standard Single Space in a Shared Apartment (privacy without isolation):
- Full-year students: €14,265 per academic year, all-inclusive**
- Semester-only students: €6,340 per semester, all-inclusive**
STUDIO IN RESIDENCE BUILDING
Comforts of Home offers the option of living in a studio apartment in a student residence building (16th arrondissement). Each single occupancy studio in this 7-floor elevator building includes an en suite bathroom and kitchenette, and offers a great opportunity to enjoy the comfort and conviviality of the dorm experience right in Paris.
- Full-year students: €12,600 per academic year, all-inclusive**
- Semester-only students: €5,600 per semester, all-inclusive**
Comforts Options (per student)
Comforts Services (weekly cleaning service & bi-weekly linen change):
- Full-year students: €1,760 supplement per academic year**
- Semester-only students: €880 supplement per semester**
Preferred Location + Comforts Services**
A limited number of spaces, with priority given to full-year students, within an approximate 30 minute walk from AUP's two main classroom buildings at 147 rue de Grenelle and 6 rue du Colonel Combes. These spaces ALSO INCLUDE all the benefits of Comforts Services, above):
- Full-year students: €6,700 supplement per academic year**
- Semester-only students: €3,350 supplement per semester**
Please note that Preferred Location is not available for studio apartments.
Super-Close Location + Comforts Services**
In addition to the Preferred Location choice described above, we have a very few spaces in select apartments that are Super-Close to AUP, meaning these apartments are within an approximate 15-minute walk of AUP's two main classroom buildings at 147 rue de Grenelle and 6 rue du Colonel Combes. This option is available to everyone, but priority is given to full-year students.
The charge can be paid half a year at a time, or for the entire year.
- Full-year students: €10,500 supplement per academic year**
- Semester-only students: €5,250 supplement per semester**
We have a limited supply of Super-Close beds for Fall 2018! Please note that Super-Close Location is not available for studio apartments.
If you sign up for housing for the fall semester only and decide to extend through the spring semester, you'll be able to keep your place and store all your things there during the break. Since intersession housing is not included in semester-only prices, a supplement applies:
- Full-year students: INCLUDED
- Semester students: Shared room - €892 supplement; Single room - €1585 supplement
Please contact us to inquire about short extensions after the end of the semester or academic year.
Summary* room prices for full-year and semester-only students
These costs represent total payments for each category of accommodation before discounts associated with early payment. So, these prices don't include:
- Available discounts of 2% on accommodation charges for early full-year payment
- Billing Administration Fee of 100€ per semester, which is waived from accommodation charges with early full-semester payment and early full-year payment (by May 1 for fall or by October 30 for spring)
- One-time refundable security deposit of €1,784 per resident (refundable with 60 days of the scheduled checkout date less any documented damages or sanctions). If you are an AUP loan-approved student, please contact your AUP admissions counselor for security deposit information.
- Residential Program Contingency fees of €81 per semester (non-refundable)
Remember that Comforts Services are already included in Preferred and Super-Close location category costs! If you pick these categories, you don't have to pay extra for these services.
Last, when you register and begin payment, you'll find options to pay for these categories on an annual basis, on a semester basis, or with three installments per semester.
2018/2019 payment deadlines and installment plan***
In order to avoid late payment fees, you must pay prior to the dates outlined in the schedule below. Accordingly, our payment pages offers the option to pay in identical installments corresponding to these dates. If you wish to avoid Billing Administration Fees, note that you must pay for each semester in full in advance, as is outlined below. A further discount is offered for payment of annual fees in advance.
FULL-YEAR Students' Payment Deadlines
If you are an AUP loan-approved student, please get in contact with your AUP admissions counselor for payment instructions.
First-year, USC TTP, visiting students at AUP for the academic year, and GW Paris Scholars students rent their accommodations and services for the entire academic year. Apartments and services remain the same in both the Fall and Spring semesters, and students are entitled to retain their apartments during the winter Intersession.
- First Term (Fall 2018)
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price and the €1,784 Security Deposit and the €100 Billing Administration Fee are due by May 1 (or within 7 days if you confirm your attendance after May 1.) If you have chosen Comforts Services, Preferred Location (includes Comforts Services), or Super-Close Location (includes Comforts Services), the full amount of the corresponding supplements for the semester are also due at this time.
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price is due by July 1.
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price is due by August 15
- Second Term (Spring 2019)
- 1/3 of the Spring semester's accommodation price plus the €100 Billing Administration Fee and full supplements for the semester are due by October 30.
- 1/3 of the Spring semester's accommodation price is due by November 30.
- 1/3 of the Spring semester's accommodation price is due by December 30.
Semester-only Students' Payment Deadlines
Transfer and semester-only visiting students and USC fall-only students rent their accommodations and services for a minimum of one semester. Students can request to remain in their apartments for the winter intersession for an extra fee. Students can also request extension for the Spring semester, although we are not able to guarantee availability in the same or any apartment.
- Fall Term 2018
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price and the €1,784 Security Deposit and the €100 Billing Administration Fee are due by May 1 (or within 7 days if you confirm your attendance after May 1.) If you have selected Comforts Services, Preferred Location (includes Comforts Services), or Super-Close Location (includes Comforts Services), and/or Intersession Housing, the full amount of the corresponding supplements for the semester are also due at this time.
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price is due by July 1
- 1/3 of the Fall semester's accommodation price is due by August 15.
Please note: There is a €100 Late Payment Fee assessed for any payment received after the above-mentioned dates. We will begin to process your application only once all the relevant fees are received.
Fees above do not include a Billing Administration Fee of 100€ per semester or any AUP administrative fees such as the Residential Program Contingency Fee. You can avoid the Billing Administration Fee by paying the entire year's or semester's accommodation fee by the first due date. We also provide full-year students the ability to pay the entire year's fee at once, saving an additional 2% on accommodation charges. If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about bank wires or ACH transfers.
French ("CAF") housing subsidy
Students who obtain a "carte de sejour" and who don't have a high income may qualify for a French government housing subsidy granted by the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (commonly called the "CAF subsidy"). The CAF is the sole entity that determines whether you qualify and how much the subsidy will be. Please note that students will only be eligible for subsidies on the rent portion of their housing payments, which does not include services fees. AUP's Housing Office can provide you with additional information on how to apply for this. Please contact email@example.com.
2018/2019 housing assignmentS
You will be sent a housing preferences survey by July 1. Comforts of Home and AUP take into account all applicants' preferences of housing type, roommates, and other aspects of their housing. We use these preferences as a guide, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet them in your housing assignment.
Your housing assignment will arrive approximately two weeks before the start of AUP Orientation: plenty of time to get a virtual “feel” for the area and meet your roommates.
Comforts of Home Housing Policy
All residents in Comforts of Home housing are bound by the Comforts of Home Housing Policy as part of their obligations to COH, AUP, and the AUP student community. Find the Housing Policy here. Students may be moved from one apartment to another, or removed from COH housing entirely, for failure to respect the Housing Policy.
What's next? Click here to reserve your space. When we receive your registration, we'll send you an email with instructions about next steps.
* Prices are based on the school semester. Extra charges apply for staying beyond checkout, when possible. Payments are made in euros. Base prices are subject to an additional 18€/month charge for the AUP Housing Fund.
** While available. (COP options are available on a limited basis, with priority given to full-year students. If we can't satisfy your request we will refund any supplements paid. Standard Apartments are within an approximate 30-minute metro and/or bus ride from campus.)
*** Accommodation prices include rent, high-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, maintenance, emergency housing services, check-in and check-out services, required insurance, taxes and other services. Due dates may be amended from time to time.
Some of these fees are non-refundable. You can view our Refund / Cancellation policy here. Please note: If you are a full-year student and leave AUP after your first semester, you must inform Comforts of Home in writing by November 7, 2018 to receive a full refund on your second semester housing.